Tax Increment Financing
The City Council of Howard Lake has been proactive in assisting companies by providing financial incentives to stimulate redevelopment within the Downtown area and promote jobs in the City's Industrial areas. The City currently has TIF available in Howard Lake Industrial Park West and will consider this type of incentive for redevelopment projects that promote the revitalization of the Downtown area.
Contact Information: To learn more about these programs contact Nick Haggenmiller, City Administrator by phone, 320-543-3670 or by email.
Industrial Lots Available:
- Industrial Park Buildings - Land for $1.00 for qualified businesses
Downtown Revitalization Grant Program
The purpose of the Downtown Revitalization Grant Program is to encourage restoration and improvement of commercial buildings located in the Downtown Business District to further enhance the vibrancy of downtown. The City of Howard Lake is offering assistance and incentives to encourage restoration and improvement of commercial buildings located in the Downtown Business District. The City will offer Downtown Revitalization Grants of up to $5,000 for each property/property owners for enhanced façade treatments, approved signage and design treatments.
This Grant Program is available to qualifying nonresidential properties located in the official Howard Lake Downtown Business District. The district is defined as the area between County Road 6 North and County Road 6 South, inclusive of 8th Avenue and all commercially zoned properties within this boundary area.
Projects eligible for financial assistance through the Downtown Revitalization Program shall include projects that improve the general appearance of a downtown building’s exterior. Such improvements would include, but are not limited to:
- Restoration of the building’s historic façade or architectural elements;
- Restoration or replacement of the building’s historic windows and/or doors;
- General cleaning or replacement of exterior finishes; and New or restoration of signage and/or awnings.
- Structural elements of the “envelope” of the building: roof/foundation, tuck pointing etc.
- Additional eligible items not listed may be possible depending on the funding program(s) sought by the property owner.
Follow the link below to learn more about the Downtown Revitalization Program: